Juan A. Marmol-Velez, MD
Other LanguagesFrench, Spanish
Primary LocationInternal Medicine 4801 Alberta Ave.
El Paso, TX 79905
Phone (915) 215-5200
Medical School: Pontificia Bolivariana University, Colombia
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
Residency: University of Texas Health Sciences Center-San Antonio
Undergraduate School: Biological Sciences Colegio Lasalle, Bello, Colombia
- American Board Internal Medicine
- American Board Internal Medicine (Sub: Cardv Disease)
Dr. Marmol-Velez is Associate Professor of Medicine and Associate Program Director of the Cardiovascular Diseases fellowship at Texas Tech University Health Science Center El Paso. He is also interim Medical Director of the non-invasive cardiology laboratory at University Medical Center, the community hospital associated to TTUHSC. Prior to this, Dr. Marmol-Velez was Assistant Professor of Cardiology at UT Health Science Center San Antonio, Medical Director of the Cardiology Clinic and Non-Invasive laboratory of University Health System, Downtown campus and Cardiovascular system module co-director for the undergraduate medical education curriculum. Dr. Marmol-Velez completed his Internal Medicine residency and cardiology fellowship at UT Health Science Center in San Antonio. He is board-certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular diseases, echocardiography, nuclear cardiology and cardiovascular CT. Dr. Marmol-Velez enjoys long distance running, cycling, hiking and camping with his family.
Hypertension, coronary disease, heart failure, pulmonary hypertension, arrhythmia, valvular heart disease, follow up of pacemakers and defibrillators
- University Medical Center of El Paso
- Medical education, point of care ultrasonography, the application of advanced cardiovascular imaging techniques to structural heart disease, heart failure with preserved ejection fraction and pulmonar