Mai P. Nguyen, MD
Primary LocationOrthopedic 4801 Alberta Ave.
El Paso, TX 79905
Phone (915) 215-5400
Medical School: Vanderbilt University - Nashville, TN
- Metro Health System - Case Western Reserve, Cleveland, OH
Residency: University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics, Iowa City, IA
Undergraduate School: Illinois Wesleyan University- Bloomington, IL
I was born in Vietnam and came to the US at the age of 16 for higher education. I was fortunate to obtain scholarships to support my Bachelors and Medical Degrees. From Vanderbilt/Nashville, University of Iowa/Iowa City, and MetroHealth/Cleveland, my medical experiences have been in level I trauma centers, taking care of severely injured patients. It is my mission to provide my patients the same excellent orthopaedic care that I would offer to a member of my family. No one plans to be injured in an accident . I take very seriously the responsibility of providing compassionate, state of the art, care to my patients, in their unanticipated time of need.
General limb fractures, peri-articular fractures, complex fractures of the pelvis and acetabulum (hip socket), peri-prosthetic fractures, and the treatment of multiple injured patients. My practice also includes hip and knee osteoarthritis.
- University Medical Center of El Paso
- El Paso Children's Hospital
- My clinical interests include fractu re care, evidence-based practice, multiple injured patients, and osteoarthritis. In addition, I am active in many aspects of medical student and orthopaedic reside
- I have delivered several lectures and authored multiple orthopaedic research articles, textbook chapters on a variety of trauma topics including gunshot injuries, post-traumatic osteoarthritis, and pelvic fractures.