William M Weiss, MD
Primary LocationOrthopedic 4801 Alberta Ave.
El Paso, TX 79905
Phone (915) 215-5400
Medical School: Queen's University- Kingston, Ontario, Canada
- University of Texas Medical Branch - Galveston, TX
- Plano Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine - Plano, TX
Residency: University of Ottawa - Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Graduate School: University of Ottawa - Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Undergraduate School: University of Ottawa - Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Born and raised in Canada. Completed two undergraduate science degrees (BSc Biochemistry and BSc Human Kinetics} and a master of science degree (MSc Biochemistry}, while being involved in athletics, coaching, and exercise training. Then pursued medical school (MD} and residency training in orthopedic surgery, becoming a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada (FRCSC} certified in orthopedic surgery. Completed one sports medicine fellowship (University of Alberta} in Canada before coming to Texas to complete a second sports medicine fellowship (Plano Orthopedics & Sports Medicine}. Completed an additional fellowship in Orthopedic foot, ankle and lower extremity reconstruction (UTMB} before coming to El Paso to begin practice.
Adult and pediatric sports injuries of the shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, ankle and foot. Other Information Shoulder instability, labral injuries & dislocation, AC joint injuries, rotator cuff tears. Hip labral tears and impingement. Knee ACL & multi-ligamentous (PCL, LCL/PLC, MCL} injuries or dislocations, meniscal injury, patellar instability, tendon tears. Foot & Ankle ligamentous and tendinous injuries, instability, achilles tendon ruptures, Lisfranc injuries, deformity. Cartilage injury of the shoulder, hip, knee, and ankle. Osteoarthritis of the shoulder, knee, ankle and foot. Trauma of the upper and lower extremities.
- University Medical Center of El Paso
- El Paso Children's Hospital
- Sports medicine, arthroscopy and reconstruction of the hip, knee, ankle & shoulder. Shoulder labral injury & instability. Multi-ligamentous & ACL reconstruction of the knee. Meniscal repair & transpl
- Anatomic repair or reconstruction, biomechanics, rehabilitation, and outcomes of shoulder instability, hip labrum repair, knee multi-ligamentous and ACL reconstruction, meniscal repair and transplant, cartilage reconstruction and transplant, ankle instability, chronic patellar and achilles tendon rupture, lisfranc reconstruction. Tissue engineering and biochemistry of cartilage and meniscus. Exercise physiology, athletic training and performance. Motor learning and education.