Lisa A. Kafchinski, MD
Primary LocationOrthopedic 4801 Alberta Ave.
El Paso, TX 79905
Phone (915) 215-5400
Medical School: University of Nevada School of Medicine
- University of Toronto, Mount Sinai Hospital
Residency: University of Utah, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
Undergraduate School: Georgetown University
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Kafchinski was born and raised in Reno, Nevada. She graduated summa cum laude from Georgetown University with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing, working for two years as a nurse prior to medical school. She attended medical school at University of Nevada, where she was elected to the Alpha Omega Alpha honor society. Dr. Kafchinski completed her Orthopaedic Surgery residency at University of Utah, in Salt Lake City. She is fellowship trained in Musculoskeletal Oncology (sarcoma surgery), having studied at the University of Toronto, in Toronto, Canada.
Adult and pediatric soft tissue and bone sarcomas, benign soft tissue and bone tumors; metastatic bone disease; chronic infections.
- University Medical Center of El Paso
- El Paso Children's Hospital
- Adult and pediatric sarcomas, metastatic bone disease.
- Functional outcomes following limb salvage surgery, psychological resiliency in cancer patients, health literacy, global health and underserved populations.