Frequently Asked Questions
We want to make sure your visit with us is as smooth and enjoyable as possible. The resources below will help you prepare for your visit as well as keep you updated about what you should expect during your time at a Texas Tech Physicians of El Paso (TTPEP) location.
Patients may be dropped off or picked up at the main entrance or as directed on the pre-visit information from your doctor’s office. All parking areas have reserved parking spaces for people with special parking needs and/or designated parking. Parking areas are van accessible, and are always monitored by cameras. To help you get to your destination as easily as possible, we recommend the following parking options for the different locations:For Texas Tech Medical and El Paso Psychiatric Center:
- All TTPEP patients may park in area P1-West Patient Lot, P3-East Patient Lot, and P4-Ladd Street.
For Family Medicine Center at Kenworthy:
- Parking can be found in front of the building. Entrance to the parking area is located on Kenworthy St.
- Parking can be found behind the building on El Paso, St. Entrance to the parking area is located at the corner of El Paso St. and Hague Rd.
- Parking can be found around the building. Entrance to the parking area is located on E. Schuster Ave.
- Parking can be found to the side of the building, between E. Yandell Dr. and Montana Ave. Entrance to the parking area is located on N. Mesa St.
What You Will Need
We want your time with us to be a positive experience. To ensure your visit runs as smoothly as possible, we've outlined the following things you'll need to bring with you and remember to do for your appointment.
- 1. What is registration?
Answer: Reporting to Central Registration staff prior to each visit ensures that your demographic and insurance information for each appointment is complete and accurate.
- Where do I go to register?
Answer: Where you go to register depends on where your appointment is:
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- El Paso Psychiatric Center
- Family Medicine Center at Kenworthy
- Pediatric Central
- Texas Tech Physicians at Hague
- Texas Tech Medical Center-A100
If you are unsure where to register, please call 215-4440.
- Will I have to sign any forms?
Answer: Yes. On each visit you will be asked to sign a form that allows us to release information to your insurance company, consent for treatment form, and notice of Privacy Practices.
- Who needs to pre-register?
Answer: Patients who complete pre-registration by telephone will need to go to the Central Registration office to finalize your registration and complete all signatures.
- How soon do I need to pre-register before my appointment?
Answer: Pre-registration by telephone needs to be completed at least 3 days before your appointment. Pre-registrations submitted fewer than 3 days before your appointment may not be processed in time.
- How will I know if my online pre-registration from has been received?
Answer: You will receive an email confirmation that your pre-registration form has been received.
- Driver's license or other official form of identification.
- Your (or your dependent's) insurance card/Medicaid or Medicare card.
- Completed forms required by Texas Tech Physicians of El Paso (see below for forms).
- Referring physician information and forms, if applicable.
- All medications you are currently taking or that have been prescribed to you.
- Arrive 30 minutes early for your appointment to check in and fill out any necessary paperwork.
- Give accompanying family members or friends visitor information for the area, if needed.
- Complete (and bring with you) the forms required by your clinic.
For all Texas Tech Physicians patients
While You Are Here
Sometimes, you need to spend a little extra time in the area. To make your experience more comfortable and enjoyable, we've provided you with information about things you and your family can do while you're in town, including lodging information for those staying overnight.
Visitors to El Paso
El Paso is located on the U.S. - Mexico border and is the largest international metroplex in the world. The area is a blend of cultures and traditions, from the historic Old West to Native American heritage to old Mexico.
El Paso-Area Restaurants
- Chico's Tacos - 4230 Alameda Ave., El Paso, TX 79905.
- Dairy Queen - 4850 E Paisano Dr., El Paso, TX 79905.
- Forti's Mexican Elder Restaurant - 321 Chelsea St., El Paso, TX 79905.
- McDonald's - 5305 E Paisano Dr., El Paso, TX 79905.
- Subway - 4900 Alameda Ave. #3, El Paso, TX 79905.
El Paso-Area Hotels
- Americas Best Value Inn–El Paso/Medical Center - 450 Raynolds St., El Paso, TX 79905; (915) 771-8388.
- Hyatt Place El Paso Airport - 6030 Gateway Blvd. E., El Paso, TX 79905; (915) 771-0022.
- La Quinta Inn El Paso Airport - 6140 Gateway Blvd. E., El Paso, TX 79905; (915) 778-9321.
- Quality Inn & Suites Airport - 6099 Montana Ave., El Paso, TX 79925; (915) 772-3300.
- Wyndham El Paso Airport Hotel and Water Park - 2027 Airway Blvd., El Paso, TX 79925; (915) 778-4241.
El Paso-Area Attractions
- El Paso Museum of Art - 1 Arts Festival Plaza, El Paso, TX 79901. A permanent collection of 6,000+ works of art, including the Samuel H. Kress Collection of European art from the 13th to 18th centuries; American art from the 19th to 21st centuries; and Mexican colonial art and retablos from the southwestern U.S. and Mexico.
- El Paso Zoo - 4001 E. Paisano Dr., El Paso, TX 79905. Home to 35 acres of exotic animals from around the world and featuring attractions such as the African Star train and the Hunt Family Desert Spring.
- Mission Trail - Historic, 400-year-old trail in El Paso's Lower Valley that features three adobe churches that reflect the faith of Spanish and Native American ancestors.
- World's Largest Equestrian Bronze - El Paso International Airport, 6701 Convair Rd., El Paso, TX 79925. The second of 12 sculptures comprising the XII Travelers Memorial of the Southwest by sculptor John Sherrill Houser, which depicts 400 years of southwestern history in El Paso.
Texas Tech Physicians of El Paso offers interpretation services for every officially recognized language.
To make arrangements for interpretation services at a doctor appointment. Please call ahead to the location of your choice.
Billing & Payments
Texas Tech Physicians of El Paso provides many convenient ways to pay your bill. In addition to mailing your payment to us using the envelope and payment stub enclosed with your bill, you may choose to use the methods listed below.
If you pay your bill by check, please be sure to write your account number on your check.
If you’re paying your bill over the phone call (915) 215-4700. Please have either your credit or debit card number or your bank account and routing numbers ready to give to the operator.
To pay your bill online, please click here Online Bill Pay. You will then be taken to a screen where you can complete your transaction. You may also access Pay online from the Insurance Information page or the Patient Portal. Please feel free to contact us with any questions by calling (915) 215-4700.
Texas Tech Physicians of El Paso accepts most insurance plans, including Blue Cross Blue Shield and Aetna, as well as Medicare and Medicaid. Before you make an appointment with Texas Tech Physicians of El Paso, please check with your insurance carrier to ensure the physician you wish to see is in your network and covered by your plan. Patients are responsible for paying all out-of-network charges. For additional information, please click here to be redirected to the Insurance Information page or call (915) 215-4700.
Financial assistance is available for patients who are unable to afford the cost of their medical care.
If you require financial assistance, please contact Texas Tech Physicians of El Paso Central Registration to determine your eligibility.